Thursday, March 02, 2006

Hello Guardian readers

The article listed is here, written by co-blogger PaulJ. I myself wrote a summary of opinions on Sunday's Observer column from Mr Blair here.

Generally, we're pretty interested int he ways the internet can be used to cover the news better and for communicating between politicians and the electorate, examples here and here, and were very much involved in the creation of the new Liberty Central project, which I recommend you look into if you're at all interested in the way the country is governed.

To the Guardian editorial staff? A little warning would be nice y'know, our contact details are listed openly. Thanks to John for the heads up; swamped in the office today.

5 comments:

Biodun said...

what are you guys talking about?

MatGB said...

Paul's post on Cameron's policy launch thing (the one you went to?) is in the blog round up on page 2 of the Guardian.

Nothing particularly special, just weird to see your domain name in bold print on a major newspaper, even if it's not one I normally read (although I may switch).

Actually, Cameron reads the Guardian, doesn't he? Paul...

Anonymous said...

"...even if it's not one I normally read (although I may switch)..."

Doesn't take much to buy your allegiance, does it Matt...

MatGB said...

Actually, I've been thinking about it ever since they launched the Berliner. I prefer broadsheets, the new format looks good, and the content isn't as awful as it used to be. The Indy is still OK, but not at the standard it was, and a little too campaigny tabloid instead of newspaper for my liking.

I'm sure (I know) it's good for sales, but, well, I like my news dry and informed.

Anonymous said...

I can't actually deal with two much of any one paper these days. The Guardian is smug, the Indy is preachy, the Telegraph is upsettingly right-wing... The Times is actually surprisingly alright unless you get to anything EU-related when it seems to be suddenly possessed by a cross betwen Sir John of Gaunt in Richard II and Nigel Farage of UKIP.

I mostly end up reading the FT because at least its only major bias is "Finance is fascinating." Also, I've got a pink bathroom.