Wednesday, May 24, 2006

John Reid: The Home Office is crap

Yesterday:
"I'm almost always defending the indefensible here. I do not think I have been given a fact or a figure in the past fortnight that has not been revised quickly in a very short space of time."

Today:
Home Secretary John Reid is said to be furious after he had to apologise to MPs for giving them the wrong figures on foreign prisoners
Well, yes John. It's crap. The whole thing is crap. You've inherited a job that may or may not have been
"fit for purpose when I left it in 1997"
-former Home Secretary Michael Howard
but it's most certainly falling to bits now. The more I learn, the more I'm convinced. When I linked to this before, it was with caveats. Now, I agree completely. The Home Office is an all-consuming monster*, it needs to be broken up.

*Yes, I am proposing that as a Google Bomb. Because it really needs it.
Technorati tags: , ,

No comments: