Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Internet Exploder and MSN searches

2 questions for the readers...
  1. Can one of the approx 30% of readers using M$'s Internet Explorer to get here tell me where the links in the sidebare to the right of the page are? They're at the top where they're supposed to be in Firefox but not in IE when I glanced here at work. My coding skills aren't 100% up to figuring out where the problem is if there is one.
  2. Why do people still use M$N search?
As it happens, I was probably going to write something about prostitution at some point soon, but, well...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks OK on both Firfox and Explorer, so I do not think you have a problem with your template. Yes why are people still using Explorer.

Anonymous said...

They look nigh on exactly the same in IE and Firefox - the main difference is that the font size is slightly larger in IE.

Maybe the IE at work isn't fully updated?

MatGB said...

Possibly, but I'm getting the same result intermittently at home, and that's IE 6.* so it should be ok.

I suspect it's a div size thing, so I'll have to go over it. Essentially, even if it does work welll on current browsers, you should always design for the version before last at a basic level.

The links and search meta need to be next to the posts, otherwise it looks stupid. Ah well, I'd blame Microsoft but, well, it might actually be my code. Might.

Thx anyway ;-)

Anonymous said...

In theory, your IE users should go down slightly, as I've just stopped Opera identifying as IE.

I think I'd turned it to that to try and get past a "You need IE or Firefox" thing on one of the university intranet sites which, impressively enough, wasn't fooled.