Friday, December 30, 2005

I can't spell. At all.

Right, awhileback I started tagging stuff because it was easy and I was hoping it would give an easy blogsearch method. Naturally, Google's built in blogsearch doesn't pick up on the tags properly. Completely forgot that Technorati does. So, I go look at my profile, add in the journal, and then note that there's a weird looking tag... Technorati Tag: Philosphy. Oops. Not once, but twice, I've misspelled it. Gah! The scary thing is, knock out my username in the search, and it's not an uncommon mistake. d'oh! More post editing for me to do. Tomorrow. Maybe.

Update (Sat 31st 0730): This page itself just got a google hit, the search? philosphy. I give up on spelling correctly, you get more google referrals from typos...

2 comments:

Garry said...

Ah, I didn't realise that the tags were added to your technorati profile like that. Interesting.

I was trying to find an easy way to get the category thing sorted out too. It is rather annoying that blogger doesn't have a category function.

MatGB said...

Agreed, I think I've almost got it working properly for the current posts, it's a question of deciding whether to backdate edit the rest of them now.

Still a work in progress, and it's not instant, but it's better than nothing. Very annoying that Blogger doesn't offer it, even Livejournal supports category tags properly.

I'll probably write up a 'how to' by the end of the week, odds are it'll end up being my most read post ever, despite it being somethign completely irrelevent...